Iterative is excited to host online office hours for startup founders every Friday. Office hours are 20-minute sessions between you and one of our partners, where they help you with your startup as much as they can. This is very similar to the partner meetings we hold with companies during the batch.
If you're in the early stages of building a company, we'd love to meet you.
Please register here.
How it Works
- Register – Fill in a quick form telling us more about what you're working on. If you're worried you're too early, please still register. We like helping companies at their earliest stages.
- Book a Time – Upon filling in the form, you will receive an email that directs you to book an Office Hour slot with our partners. We highly encourage you to book a slot once you get the email as slots are first-come, first-served.
- Office Hours – You will spend 20 minutes with an Iterative partner talking about a challenge you're currently facing. To make the most use of the time, we highly recommend that you come with a specific question or challenge.
- Brian Ma, Managing Partner at Iterative – Brian was previously the Co-Founder and CEO of Divvy Homes (a16z, GIC). In 2014, he and Elpizo Choi started Weave (YCS14). In 2009, he started Decide.com with Hsu Ken Ooi, Hsu Han Ooi, Oren Etzioni, and Ian Ma. Decide.com was an early machine learning company that predicted the future price of consumer goods. It was acquired by eBay in 2013. In 2005, he was one of the first PMs at Zillow before they launched. Brian has a BS in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington.
- Hsu Ken Ooi, Managing Partner at Iterative – Hsu Ken was previously the Chief Product Officer of Workmate, an on-demand blue collar staffing platform in Southeast Asia. In 2014, he was VP of Product at Weave (YCS14). In 2009, he started Decide.com with Hsu Han Ooi, Brian Ma, Oren Etzioni, and Ian Ma. Decide.com was an early machine learning company that predicted the future price of consumer goods. It was acquired by eBay in 2013. Hsu Ken has a BS in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Washington.
What is Iterative?
Iterative is a Y-Combinator style accelerator that invests USD $150K-$500k upon acceptance, works with the founders intensely on their idea before helping them fundraise at our Demo Day.
Why are we doing this?
We want more startups in Southeast Asia! We think more people would start companies if they had a little bit of guidance on where to start, what to work on, etc. We know this helped us a lot when we were getting started.
What kind of teams can apply?
As long as you're working on something, you're welcome to apply. You don't necessarily have to have launched, have a team, etc.
Will you fund us?
No guarantees :) but if you would like to be seriously considered for that, we recommend you apply to our accelerator.
Any other questions?
If you have any other questions, I'd love to answer them. Email me email@example.com